Blyth Academy welcomes students from all over the world. Our small classes and personal attention to every student are ideal for students making the transition to Canada.
We recognize that international students face unique challenges when studying abroad including getting accustom to a new school, a new home, and a new community. However, with the ongoing individual support of our faculty and our unique program, these challenges quickly fade and are replaced by exciting opportunities to learn about other cultures and expand your horizons.
Blyth Academy’s primary focus is academic achievement, to prepare all international students for university and beyond. Our dynamic teaching methods and strategies have proven outcomes:
- 98% of our students go on to post-secondary education
- 95% received their first choice of post-secondary institution
- 40% receive partial or full scholarships to post-secondary institutions
International students will discover that Blyth Academy offers many unique benefits that will help them take full advantage of this opportunity, including:
- Small classes, individual attention. Our international students account for 10 per cent of our campus enrolment and are provided with a very personalized educational program. They receive individual attention from teachers and are always engaged with an average class size of fewer than 8 students. Our international students are fully immersed with Canadian students and have a wonderful opportunity to improve their language skills and make new Canadian friends.
- Average class size of eight students. Small class sizes allow teachers to interact with each student individually, every single day, and encourage the full engagement of everyone in the class. Small class sizes also make the cultural integration of international students much easier, allowing them to improve language skills and become more immersed in the local culture.
- International acceptance.All Blyth Academy credits are accepted at academic institutions everywhere, including the U.S., Europe, Australia and elsewhere in the world.
- Customized Classes.Blyth Academy tailors the program to the individual student. Taking into account each student’s learning style and extra-curricular responsibilities, we are able to customize academic plans that help students reach their fullest potential. Fifty per cent of our international students return to Blyth Academy for a second year of study.
- Four term structure.With only two classes per term, students’ can spend more time focusing on understanding the course material and less time juggling an eight-course schedule. This allows international students more time to explore the local culture and improve their English skills. It also gives teachers the opportunity for more in-depth teaching and to provide personal attention. The students can therefore focus intensely on their courses while becoming immersed in the culture and community, without being overwhelmed with organizing complicated workloads. This structure also provides the freedom to enrol at the start of any one of four terms during the school year, rather than at only one start date per year as in a traditional high school.
- Community Involvement.Our campuses are located in a variety of community locations including suburban, small town, and urban downtown locations. This allows students to immerse themselves and truly experience life in the area they reside in, rather than being located in a remote campus and spending all their time in transit. This also gives students the chance to change campuses should they wish to experience different locations.