● Students are on the ice five days a week, with one hour practices, Monday through Friday. Skaters benefit from access to daily ice time and develop their skills with repetition and daily coaching.
● Twist sport conditioning program for each player, utilizing our expansive and well-equipped weight training facility and the industry leader in complete athlete training.
● Three fully-equipped training facilities (three ice rinks and a training gym at our academic center)
● Goalkeepers have a customized goaltending training program provided by KSBG Goalie School, on ice daily.
● Blyth Athletics emphasizes the fundamentals of skill development and execution, body conditioning and tactics for physical and mental development.
● Top-level coaching staff, including former AHL, OHL, Professional, as well Junior A Coaches.
● All of our players benefit from the unique combination of top-level academics and top-level hockey. Student-athletes are able to participate in their sport with support from the Academic partner Blyth Academy and meet and exceed Ontario standards.
● Athletes can log in to their student accounts while on the road, check their homework assignments, download notes and review sheets, and stay current with academic expectations.
● Support and preparation for SATs and course selection to be prepared for all post secondary institutions
● Staff of good character, with competence in teaching technical skills and who possess the ability to motivate and relate positively to student athletes.
● We celebrate the joy of competition and the benefits of physical fitness.
● Develop individual athletes that are constantly improving, hard–working, disciplined and schooled in the fundamental aspects of the game.
● We provide a safe environment for all athletic activities.
● We produce Athletes that are competitive and strive to win.
● Blyth Athletes demonstrate respect for opponents, officials and the rules of competition.