● Students participate in sport specific training five days a week, with 1 hour practices, Monday through Friday. Athletes benefit from access to daily coaching.
● Conditionings program for each Player, utilizing our expansive and well-equipped weight training facility and the industry leader in complete athlete training.
● 3 fully-equipped training facilities (3 ice rinks, 2 indoor soccer fields, a golf simulator, baseball pitching/hitting stations and a training gym at our academic centre)
● Conacher Athletics emphasizes the fundamentals of skill development and execution, body conditioning and tactics for physical and mental development.
● Top-level coaching staff, including former AHL, OHL, NCAA, Professional as well as International Coaches.
● All of our players benefit from the unique combination of top-level academics and top-level athletic training. Student-athletes are able to participate in their sport with support from our Academic partner Blyth to meet and exceed Ontario standards.
● Athletes can log in to their student accounts while on the road, check their homework assignments, download notes and review sheets, and stay current with academic expectations.
● Support and preparation for SATs and course selection to be the most prepared for all post secondary institutions
● Staff of good character, with competence in teaching technical skills and who possess the ability to motivate and relate positively to student athletes.
● We celebrate the joy of competition and the benefits of physical fitness.
● Develop individual athletes that are constantly improving, hard–working, disciplined and schooled in the fundamental aspects of the game.
● We provide a safe environment for all athletic activities.
● We produce Athletes that are competitive and strive to win.
● Blyth Athletes demonstrate respect for opponents, officials and the rules of competition.
● Builds the foundation of power, strength and aerobic conditioning for a specific sport
● Incorporates sport-specific targeted exercises and drills
● Offers sport-specific conditioning drills
What are the benefits of sport-specific training?
● Increased speed
● Increased agility
● Improved conditioning
● Injury prevention
Each sport has different demands for duration of activity, recovery time and movement requirements. Sport-specific drills and conditioning that address these demands allow the athlete to practice, and in turn, improve his or her response to these demands.